TJ Arts is dedicated to supporting and encouraging the full expression of the performing arts in the schools of the West Jefferson Hills School District and the communities it serves. Our guiding principle is that exposure to the arts during adolescence plays a significant role in forming the fabric of the adults these young people become, enriching their lives and instilling a lifelong appreciation for artistic performance and creative expression.
The main goals of TJ Arts are to enhance the profile of the performing arts in the West Jefferson Hills School District by:
- Raising public awareness about the vital importance arts education plays in the development of our children and our community;
- Serving as proponents of the district’s arts programs among WJH school board, administration, and faculties;
- Creating permanent college scholarships for TJ graduates who intend to major in the arts, and providing awards to students who have excelled in the arts in high school;
- Raising funds to help WJH schools maintain robust and active arts programs;
- Creating arts enrichment programs in WJH schools to bring professional artists into the classroom and take students to see professional performances and meet practicing artists;
- Creating connectivity between professional artists and teachers of the arts and their students;
- Funding improvements in arts facilities within the district;
- Creating arts enrichment programs to serve other populations (non-school aged) within our communities.
Learn more about TJ Arts: